Friday, July 24, 2009

Funny Fridays...take 1

To get myself motivated to write more on my blog...I have started my own 'Funny Fridays'. Most of the ones that I can remember from the past aren't much to really 'write' about. So most will be short takes of my sometimes 'funny-filled' life. This would be 'Take 1'....

Last year we lived in Ardmore, Oklahoma for a few months while we were on a nursing contract. It was great - we were on the lake, it was summer and it was beautiful. We decided to go visit my family back in Texas. I had left our luggage in our storage building the last time we were home. So I had to pack ours and the kids things in grocery bags. It felt alittle weird, but what is a Mom to do?

It was just about time to go, so I handed all of the small, overstuffed grocery bags filled with toys, clothes and Leapsters to the kids one by one to go put in the truck.

"Time to go!" Roddy calls out excitedly. We all jump in the truck. I'm mostly excited just for the pure fact that we were going on a long trip WITHOUT the Rv in tow behind us.

Roddy cranks the truck, we put our seatbelts on and then I start noticing all of the 'space' we had in the truck. I'm so dumnfounded that I couldn't say anything. But the look on my face gave me away. Everyone just looked at me...okay 'stared' at me like I was loosing my mind. I even thought I had lost it. I ran back over in my head packing all the grocery bags with all of our belongings and then handing them to the kids....But, they were not in the truck.

All of this is going on in my head while everyone is still staring at me not saying a word. Then I looked up out the back window of our truck and noticed the dumpster where the kids always take the garbage out to....in grocery bags.

All of the blood finally went back up into my head, "OH MY GOODNESS!" I said to Roddy. "All of our things that I packed are in the dumpster!" Well, all of you that know my husband well enough - this would not make him happy. He did get upset at first, but, then he had to laugh. Him and the boys got in the dumpster to fish out all of our packed bags. Luckily the garbage men had just emptied the dumpsters that morning..so they were pretty much empty....except for our belongings.

3 comments:

  1. great story! i should do this, too, to get myself motivated to blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny!

    Maybe you should invest in some of those reusable grocery bags. If you get the plastic-like ones, they hold a huge amount (more than the fabric ones).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stinkin' hilarious! SOOOOO glad you found your blog ;) Hey...so you're reading the Twilight books (have you finished one yet?)? They're good. I miss you friend...a lot! So glad K liked her shirt, thanks for the pic on Fbook :)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online