Monday, May 18, 2009

A Typical Day...in my life

I am always getting asked, "What is your typical day like?" Well, Today was a very typical day for us. My persian cat wakes us all up at 6:00 a.m. sharp. She gets up on my kids beds (one by one) and stares at them while meowing as loud as she can until they wake up. This gets very annoying at times- to say the least.
So, here is my day (today)...

6:00 a.m. Wake up to meowing cat.
7:30 a.m. Make egg, ham and cheese toast for breakfast.
8:00 -8:30 a.m. Get ready for the day...dress, brush teeth and hair etc.
8:30 a.m. Bible and Quite Time
9:00 a.m. At the table to do 'Copy Work'
9:30 a.m. Math
10:00 a.m Break
10:30 a.m. Reading for the older and Phonics for the younger two.
11:00 a.m. Grammer / English
11:15 a.m. Art time - today they finished painting our wood projects.
Meanwhile I get lunch ready.
12:00 p.m. Lunch - finally!
1:00 p.m. Watch the Magic School Bus
1:30 p.m. Social Studies and History
2:00 p.m. Computer Learning - more of reading / phonics, science, math and
language arts
3:00 p.m. Typing for 15 minutes of practice. I can only have one typer at
a time. Free time for two kidos while one is typing.
3:45 Outside for a bike ride and feed critters.
4:30 Wake DH up and get ready for dinner.
The rest we are outside having fun with the outdoors!

What we miss today - we do another day. I try NOT to miss. I hate getting behind. I read back over the schedule and it sounds alittle overwhelming - but it really isn't. My times may be different tomorrow - but everything will still get done.

2 comments:

  1. Why on earth is the laziest animal on the planet waking you up? Does she not know she is a cat - creature that spends more time sleeping than any other?

    I swear, we just seem to go from crisis to crisis. I am not sure there is a typical day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY....where is SNACK TIME???? HELLOOOO??? You know I know at 2:30pm, there are snacks!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online