Friday, March 6, 2009

My sweet Taran....one of God's miracles

Taran was born back in 1999. It was a normal pregnancy and I was THE happiest person on earth. I went into labor on the way to the hospital to be induced. LOL! Everything went fine until after the birth. I kept hemorging so this kept us in the hospital for a couple of extra days. Meanwhile...Taran had this horrible spitting up problem. All the nurses kept saying that it was normal. On the day I was to be released, my doctor came in and noticed his 'burp' cloth with this spit-up that he was doing. The doc knew at that moment that we had trouble. (the stuff that he was spitting up was 'bile') Within the hour he was life-flighted to a hospital a couple of hours away. If we had taken him home that day - he probably would have died the next day. By the time we got to the hospital where he was taken, his emergency surgery was already finished. His bowels were twisted. Two weeks later, still at the same hospital in NICU, we finally got to hold that precious bundle.

We went home (scared to death) with Taran. Alot went on for the next few months. At the doctors office every two weeks because he couldn't keep his food down. "It's normal. Babies spit up" is what they kept telling me. Finally when Taran turned 7 months old he went back into the hospital. I stayed by his side - even slept in his crib with him so he wouldn't wrap himself in all of his tubes for the next two months. He was then diagnosed with Lymphangiectasia. There are three or four kinds of this - only one of them was very rare...and fatal - and that is the one Taran had. They said he would not see his second birthday. He would never be able to run, eat by mouth or do anything else like a normal child. I was dieing inside but kept strong for my little man.

When we had finally excepted that he was going to die, I begged our doctors to let us go home. We would rather him die at home with loved ones than die in a cold hospital room. They finally let us after me begging for quiet some time. We brought him home with tubes still attached that we had to take care of. That part was so NOT fun.

He had to go to the local hospital to get 'iron' infusions. (his body would not absorb iron) He was scheduled for twice a week. I remember only having to take him in two or three times. His levels just kept coming up and finally went to normal. After a couple of weeks we took him back to the hospital that had treated him and they found that this fatal disease.....was gone. The doctors were baffeled. They diagnosed him as 'a miracle'. All tubes came out.

Taran will turn 10 years old this coming May. He is as healthy as a horse. He doesn't even need the yearly surgeries to snip the scar lesions that the doctors said that he would have from the surgeries. He is our miracle. The power of prayer is priceless. And I treasure him every day.

We often wonder 'why' these things happen. Taran's miracle touched so many people. He brought his Grandmother back to God, his GI doctor is now a believer and my husband and I believe that God still does miracles and that PRAYER WORKS. He really does listen. I believe God did not do this 'to' me or the rest of my family or to Taran to be 'mean'. He did it for his doctor and his grandmother and possibly others that I do not know about. I am honored that He used Taran for that. What a testimony Taran has!

5 comments:

  1. Taran is such a sweetheart! I am so glad that he was healed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Shannon! I'm glad I found your blog! You'll have so much fun writing your stories and sharing them! And I'm glad I get to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing, Shannon. Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN sistah...wow...someone I know needs to read the end of your post there ('member the story I told you recently??)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful story! I'm so glad God chose to heal your son. What a merciful and loving gesture on His part. I found you via froggymama... anyway, thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online