Monday, March 9, 2009

My future...

I find myself dreaming of my future home quite often and thought that I might share my 'dreaming' with you...


R's dream for a long time is to move back to the Texas hill country. For years I said 'NO WAY'. Me, scorpions and rattle snakes are just not a good mix. Well, we took our RV to Mason, Texas and stayed for a week. When our week was up - I did NOT want to leave. I had fallen inlove with the town and the country around it.


A year later we bought 184 acres right there in Mason. Land is so darn expensive there, we went in on it with my brother and sister-in-law. So, on paper we just have 92 acres. But we are sharing it all for roaming and hunting....and a winegrape vineyard.











We have picked out our homesite (after about 10 times) with some really pretty views. The hills you see in the back of our property are the Blue Mountains. So, our vineyard and winery will be called...Blue Mountain Vineyard & Winery. We have 30 acres set aside for the this venture and a few more for some rental cabins that we will build. We are all very excited and ready to get started!

I am not really ready to stop traveling full time, but, at the same time - I can't wait to get out on our property full time.

We go out there quite often and I have not seen a rattlesnake and I have only seen one scorpion. I have seen more scorpions right here in Lufkin, Texas!


Here are some of my favorite 'dreaming' pics of our ranch...










You can barely see them...but, there are a few deer on each side of one of roads here on our property. I was out walking one day by myself and all of a sudden there were about 10 deer that came out and started hissing and barking at me. I am really surprised that I did not pee in my pants! Had no idea that deer could make those sounds. They would run off and then come back to look at me (they did this three times)...it was wild. There are deer all over the place out there. I have also heard a couple of snorting hogs - I did not stick around to see them, though. They sounded like they were not too nice.
Well, this is my future. Really excited, but like I said...not ready to give up the RV life just yet. Crazy....I know.

2 comments:

  1. Nope, R and his brother look nothing alike. LOL

    So is that the gate that caused the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting thing to do! A Winery just sounds fabulous--we visited Napa for the first time 2 years ago and I loved meeting the owners of some of the small wineries. Such a great way to live!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online