Friday, January 8, 2010

You can wash the home away...

But you can't wash the memories away. This is where my Great Grandmother's beach house stood not too long ago. This is located on Crystal Beach, TX. In 2008, hurricane Ike rushed through and pretty much took everything with it.
I stayed at this beach house every summer as a child. Memories that I will treasure forever.
There were many houses all around her. There are only three standing in the whole subdivision area in this location. And that's just because they were just built after the hurricane. If you look at one of the houses in the back of this first picture, you can barely tell, but it is about to fall down. One more strong wind and I bet she would go down.





Remarkable video below....before and after untouched pictures. Makes me cry everytime I watch it.

1 comment:

  1. I showed this video to my girl and I could feel her tears dripping down my arm. She remembers the hurricanes as being somewhat fun times of family togetherness with no power, no tv, eating outside and playing card games.

    Of course, she couldn't watch coverage of the damage because we had no power and by the time we got power back, the news had moved to other things.

    We were talking the other day about hurricanes so this was fairly timely.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online