Monday, December 21, 2009

A Christmas all our own

This will be our third Christmas while living on the road in our RV. It's fun...and challenging all at the same time. You know how you always hear someone saying every year, "Remember the reason for the Season." Every time Christmas comes around- everyone's calendar gets filled up. They get too busy having parties, going to parties, shop, shop and more shop. And before they know it, they have forgotten the reason. Then they are tired and find themselves begging for Christmas to hurry up and get here so they can be done. I am an avid FaceBook reader/poster so I have been keeping up with all my friends lives, and I see most of them - not all - trapped in that hectic cycle.

Our first Christmas away from home, away from all the parties, away from anyone that we knew, we found ourselves 'remembering the reason'. There was nothing to take our minds off of it. It was relaxing, I enjoyed my family more than any other year before that. Our first Christmas was like magic. And I'll never forget it.

Our other Christmas' since then have been the same. Sure, there are moments that I miss the parties. But now I have them with my sweet little family. And I know that my kids will treasure the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online